Saturday, September 5, 2015

Gage Easton Blaschke:delivery

So I was really wanting to go into labor by myself, but I don't think it was meant to be and I'll explain later in this post. My original due date was March 31. So each week I went in hoping I was further, like most women, but each week I was about the same. Finally at about 40 weeks my sweet nurse practitioner who I saw every other week knew I wanted him out (he had long skinny legs that he would settle right under my ribcage causing crazy amounts of pain in my ribs) so she scheduled me a bunch of tests to make sure that the baby was doing good. So I had an ultrasound making sure there was enough fluid-which there was. Another test to make sure he wasn't under any stress-which he wasn't. But the no stress test was the best! I sat in a nice big recliner, had some snacks and orange juice and just had to have stuff hooked to my belly monitoring the baby to make sure he was nice and comfy. Half way through the nurse made me a quasadilla, so I just sat there happy, comfy and eating. After that day they decided to set an induction date, April 7.
So at 7 on April 7 we headed to the hospital, I had 2 amazing nurses who got me all set. They started the process and things were great, my doctor came and broke my water and things continued to progress. I started to notice that I was bleeding more than I thought I should've, the nurses said it should be fine but they would monitor it. At around 3 I had gotten to the point where I couldn't handle the contractions anymore so I asked if I could get the epidural. The anesthesiologist was in surgery so I had to wait till she was done. Gages heart rate kept dropping during contractions and so they monitored me for about 20 minutes while trying to move me into different positions. Nothing was working so they had to do an emergency c-section. My doctor was so nice, he knew I didn't want a c-section but he didn't know why Gages heart rate was dropping. He tried one last thing before he decided to do the c-section. He tried to put some water back into my uterus, and each time he tried the bag filled with blood so into surgery I went and gage was delivered within 8 minutes of the decision. Everyone was great and my doctor did great. Once they pulled the baby out they rushed him out of the room because he had a bunch of crud in his stomach that he kept throwing up, like blood and fluid that usually gets pushed out if the baby goes through labor. We found out that my placenta was pulling away from the wall and i had blood clots which is why i was bleeding. Gage wasnt getting enough oxygen through the placenta which is why his heart rate kept dropping. They took Bridger out of the room and I had a slight panic attack while they were stitching me up but then they brought Bridger and gage back in and I was good :) we stayed in the hospital 3 days and headed home to start a new journey and it has been a blast! Back to why I think I didn't go into labor on my own. I don't know how long I would've waited at home before going to the hospital. If I hadn't been in the hospital where they could take me quickly to surgery, the outcome for Gage or me could've been very different. It all worked out and was a very big blessing that we had the medical assistance that we needed :)

No comments:

Post a Comment