Saturday, September 5, 2015

Late update: pregnancy

It's been a long time and lots has gone on with our family. The biggest one being our son who we welcomed into our family on April 7, 2015. I had a great pregnancy, like really great! We had been working with a fertility doctor to help us get pregnant after trying ourselves for a few years. My fertility doctor was amazing! He really explained things to me instead of just having quick appointments like some doctors, he pointed things out to me on the monthly ultrasounds I was having and took the time to show me what was going on in my body. I told Bridger it's funny because some girls just get pregnant easy which is so awesome for them, and I'm so jealous. But I understand things about my body and how everything works and timing and temperature and schedules and everything that I can't even imagine getting a surprise pregnancy. But maybe someday when my body figures itself out we will have that opportunity. Anyways so I had been on a couple medications that was helping my body do what it is supposed to do. We had worked with the fertility doctor for about 9 months and the medicine seemed to be working. My doctor was going out of town for a month and so he suggested we take a month break from one of the medicines to see if my body could do that part on its own. I was a little discouraged because I didn't want to stop what was working but I decided to go with what the doctor suggested and it was the month I got pregnant! (It was crazy because the first month my body figured itself out but I didn't get pregnant I was discouraged and Bridger said that he felt it wasn't going to be that month or even the next, but the following month and it was, amazing). So my pregnancy was perfect. I had hardly any sickness, I slept great for the most part, I could eat anything and everything, and the only time I would get sick, it would happen fast, like I would eat a meal, and by like the second to the last bite I would jump up, run to the bathroom or the trashcan, throw up, brush my teeth, come back, make something else to eat (usually cheerios or ramen) and eat and be totally fine. So weird but awesome at the same time :) here are some pregnancy pictures

No comments:

Post a Comment