Thursday, June 30, 2011

Just stuff...

So you knew we had a puppy, but we also have the mom. No one would take the mom off of the families hands so we ended up with Maddie. Things about Maddie... She LOVES fetch, and that's even an understatement. She will bring you the ball all day long as long as you throw it for her. And even if you don't grab it she will sit there panting just staring at you. She makes the word fetch have a whole new meaning for us. :) She is the best dog. She listens, and guards the house like nobodies business. She is kind of territorial and will guard me and Bridger from everything and anything. Now we never have to worry about unwanted guests (coyotes, etc). From coming onto our land, or even getting close.
On the opposite end, remember our puppy?? He is now taller than Maddie and still has humongous paws that he hasn't grown into. He can sprint up to probably 2 miles in a dead sprint and has legs like a race horse. We've debated putting him in dog races... only kidding :) Unlike Maddie he likes EVERYONE. He looks terrifying because he is so big but all he'll do is try and give you a HUG and lick you to death. As opposed of guarding things off he likes to get to know everything. He's hilarious and hasn't realized his own size yet still! Maybe someday... He loves chewing things up, which is his favorite past time. We learned very quickly. If we leave anything chewy that he can get to it's gone or completely destroyed. He's a hoot. P.S. Our dogs and cats.... COMPLETELY hate each other. We had hope they'd be friends. But no longer. They've had run ins and the cats are like 2-0 for winning.
This past month I was able to take a vaca to Colorado. I absolutely love trips to Colorado, but everytime I WISH Bridger could come with me. I got to see my parents in a triathlon, hang out with my brother and his family, have a blast with his two adorable boys and see some friends. Some much needed city time. I am beginning to really love the country, But I need my "city fix" every so often. Not to mention, I have to see my parents. I love laughing with them and spending the much needed quality time.
Here is some crazy pictures of us in the car. My nephews are so crazy. Not to mention their car seats are HUGE. I swear each year car seats get bigger by at least an inch or two. So I squeezed in between them which got old pretty fast. But we still had a blast making faces :) I had a week well spent, but I loved coming home to Bridger and jumping into his arms. Luckily my hubby gets to take a summer vacation with me later. :) one of my favorite things to do, roadtrips with Bridger. They are full of Dill Pickle sunflower seeds, games, and dance offs. BEST THING EVER. :)

Another thing that happened these past couple months... our cats had kittens. They had four each. Ginger had all the light ones in the picture. Posh had the 3 black ones and a dark grey one we called "smokes". We named almost all of them and had a blast with them. Kittens are hilarious. They each had their own personality and we enjoyed having 8 little friends. ALTHOUGH from now on. I don't think we'll have any more kittens. It was fun, but a good one time experience. We gave all the kittens away and now just have our two cats which we are content with. Don't they look so cuddly?? Adorable. :)

Look at the post below for some house projects :)
-XO-

1 comment:

  1. I loved all your posts but am commenting here. Cute kitties, great work on the front walk, pretty house can hardly wait to see the inside. Fun picture of the the boys and your mom and dad. Thanks for getting us up to date on all the goings on.Scary gila monster!! Love Mom

    ReplyDelete