Thursday, June 30, 2011

House Projects.

Notice the end of the last post? How it says that we would be moving into our house in the next week or two?? COMPLETE JOKE we found out. :) It took like 10 times that long. But the moral of that story is we finally moved in! We absolutely love it. We bought it from the bank so it had some little quirks that we had/ have to work out. It is a huge double-wide that sits on 7 acres of land (Our favorite part). I am changing the approach I take to blogging. It is now going to hopefully be every week and include house projects that we are
doing/accomplishing. Project #1: Right after we moved in to our house I left for a vacation to Colorado to
visit my parents. (Pictures to follow) So Bridger took that week to start bringing the grass back to life and organize a little bit. I can honestly say he is a better organizer than me by 100%. You probably won't see any pictures of the inside of the house until we get it decorated exactly how we want. So as soon as I got back I woke up the next morning and tackled a huge project. There was a walkway leading up to our house. Dispersed in it were huge cement slabs, which were weird and not very attractive. So I went outside and began digging around them and prying (SP?) them up to carry or roll them in a huge pile.
After 2 hours of hard labor and sweating profusely in the hot Arizona sun I decided to take a break and return when Bridger got home when it was a little cooler. Here is a picture of my progress...
Okay... so when the hubs got home I told him of what I had done, he asked if I wanted his help. I graciously accepted because my arms and back were already feeling what I had done that morning. He proceeded to do the next half in a matter of about 30 minutes... Maybe he should've done all of it ;). Gotta love the hubs muscles. MUCH stronger than mine. So we got it all cleaned. Notice the difference in halves. Just take a guess on who did which one.

So eventually we'll make it a little cooler looking but for now this is what it turned into. The upside?? NO CHARGE. :) Those square rocks were on the
side of our house and the rocks were on our property. Free project: check.
Project #2: We are repainting our house. It was a tan with a reddish color so what did we decide to change it to? Yellow with white trim. :) Since yellow is my favorite color it just worked, and we LOVE it. So in the process we had to re-caulk everything to close it all up and paint multiple coats. We are still not done. Here is a picture with THEN and NOW.
Notice the grass we are saving in the front yard. Now it is green and almost lush enough to lay on. The painting in this picture is first coat, and not perfect. We did another coat of yellow and then touched up and brightened the white trim. We're still working on finishing it. If you haven't noticed. Bridger and I love making things our own. And seeing the potential in things. Anything can be nice if you put in sweat, hardwork, and time. This house is our main focus right now. In the future though, we have enough land that we can build a house on it. So that's what we might do sometime. But for now we love working on making this house ours.
More pictures to come when I start my job and we have the extra income to start decorating the inside. I am sketching up ideas as I write, there are a lot of decisions to be made. :)
-XO-

No comments:

Post a Comment