Thursday, June 30, 2011

Update

Okay so read the last two posts for updates on the last couple months. Now I am going to begin to recap on my weeks, So I'll probably post every monday missing this upcoming monday, because I'm doing it today. This picture makes Bridger look super young I think.
Recap:
-We are continuing to paint the house. Almost done, or we like to think. I never realized how much work it would be but I love being outside working side by side with Bridger. Definitely one of my favorite things.
-We have found out this past month and weeks, Bridger's brother and wife are expecting, his sister and her husband are expecting as well as our cousins. So congrats, congrats, congrats to them :)
-My favorite past time, sketching up our house ideas. I am currently designing the room where you walk in from the front door. I call it the living room. Bridger calls it a family room. I say family rooms are the one with the TV where you hang out. Living rooms are for formal sitting and talking. Any ideas on whose right? :) It's one of our debates.
-My reward for doing something outside or a long day of cleaning or work, playing Donkey Kong Returns for Wii. I beat Super Mario for Wii. (It took me like 8 or 9 months.) It's my guilty pleasure.
-Arizona was going up in flames. We drove to Sierra Vista the other day and as we were driving back it was night and there was a fire at the base of the mountains. It was HUGE, more than a mile wide. Very eerie feeling.
-Upside to that last one. We are getting RAIN! Everyone is so grateful. (me too, means I don't have to water as much... sweet). Downside to that.. Freaky thunderstorms. I am used to normal thunderstorms where you can see lightning in the sky and you hear thunder but I never remember seeing lighting strike the ground. Last night was my first experience. Bridger and I sat in our living room with the blinds open watching it. Thankfully it was in the distance a little bit but it was crazy. The lighting was insane. It was like the whole sky lit up and you would see this lightning bolt, strike all the way to the ground. FREAKY! Maybe people are used to that. I am not.
-I saw my first gila monster. (it's like a lizard). I guess they are really mean and they like hiss and arch up and if they bite you, like in the arm, your arm starts to rot away. Fantastic. They had one in a bucket. Creepy. Consequently, last night I had a dream that I got bit but my arm just had like purple rings on it. Thankfully it didn't rot off. Phew :) Look at the picture. I guess when they eat they fill out and their tail gets the width of their body. (that's where they store stuff).
-A very happy birthday to Dalton, Bridger's younger brother and Aunt Lori. Their birthday's were yesterday and we had fun with family!
-I am lifting weights and working out with Bridger's sister Cheyanne. It kills, but we are getting stronger. She is like an energizer bunny and pushes me because most of the time I would rather not.. ha. But we have a blast.
-My new love, our dishwasher. We haven't had a dishwasher our whole married life, until we moved here. Let me tell you people totally take it for granted. Not to mention it gets our dishes like 100% cleaner than my hands. Why is that?
-I am working at the grade school next year as a teachers aide for 3rd and 4th grade. I'm so excited!! So I sent off my fingerprints this last week and turned in all my paperwork. Hopefully it comes back clear... and that I'm not a felon. Here's to hoping :)
I think that's all. Next post probably won't be as long as this one. I'm just getting back into the swing of things.
Until next time
-XO-

3 comments:

  1. Yay! I'm glad you have started blogging again! It will be fun to see your house and such! And those kittens were absolutely adorable!!! Love you

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry Bridger, Janelle is right about the whole living room and family room thing:) One vote for Janelle!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super Duper Jealous you have a dishwasher, but it sounds like life is lovely for you. I am glad I found your blog, I shall have to follow it now. Love ya.

    ReplyDelete