Monday, July 18, 2011

Life keeps going :)

First of our projects this week was to clean our mesquite trees up that we have on our property. As you can see in this picture the bottom of the trees were full of weeds and dead stuff. Also, we had to trim the branches so that instead of growing out like a bush they grow upwards like a tree. :) Bridger did most of the hard stuff, like cutting thick branches, while I raked out all of the stuff underneath. They look a million times better and now it actually looks like we have trees instead of bushes. It's not completely done, but when it is I'll post a picture! Next, My big project I'm working on! We have a wrap around rock driveway and in the middle is this circle that is currently just dirt with rocks around it . It has a big mesquite tree and a HUGE red circular slide that has no stairs up to it. (We don't know what we're doing with it yet) ha. So I am fixing all those rocks and digging the ones out under the dirt and putting them in a better circle. Eventually we'll put grass and maybe a rope swing or something from the tree. :) When I get it done, I'll post a picture.
SOO, we got another dog. I promise we're maxed out on dogs now. We got a pure Australian Shepherd. Some people in our ward were giving them away and I went and just fell in love. (I've wanted an Australian Shepherd for the last year or so.) Her name is Athena, and she loves water. She loves to follow Maddie and Spartucus around. She's cute, and we like her a lot. I guess if we're not going to have kids right now we might as well have dogs... haha.
We are still in the process of decorating our house. This room is supposed to be our dining room, but right now it is our "sitting room". We were given the chairs by some people that we moving out of the state, and the side tables (My favorite) we found at a big yard sale. This room we have debated on putting a pool table and making it a game room or something like that.
These side tables are my absolute favorite! They're kind of rustic, but fancy. I love them. We will probably put them in our living room once we decorate it. That will hopefully be in the next month or so.
This is my last week of summer vacation before I start work. I got my fingerprints back but I have to get them done again because I was given the wrong form to fill out. So I'll get them done this week and get ready for starting work and then starting classes. Life keeps going on :)
-XO-

No comments:

Post a Comment