Monday, July 25, 2011

Projects and Frogs :)

This week was good! We are continually seeing our land growing and blooming. Our grass is greener and looks more lush everyday and our rose bushes are gorgeous. This is a picture of what all 4 of our bushes looked like when we had moved in. 3 of them have bloomed beautifully but we're still trying to bring this one back. We think it might not have enough sunlight during the day. So we might have to move it eventually. In the Winter we'll cut them back even more. They started to have little pink flowers blooming on them but the other day I went out to water the ones in the back and the one in the middle had these HUGE pink roses. It had a bunch of them but they were more towards the inside not so much on the outside. Its so rewarding to see the work Bridger and I have put into our property pay off and turn into something so beautiful. :) We are very pleased.
If you look at our last post you'll see one of the mesquites we were cleaning underneath. This is a different mesquite but we did the same thing to it. Notice the difference?? Hard work definitely paid off again :)
After Bridger gets of work we usually work in the yard until the sun starts to go down and the mosquito's come out. (The mosquito's are insanely attracted to me, I get a million bites a night if I forget to put on bugspray. Bridger doesn't have that problem. SOOO annoying ha). So this is the view of the sunset out of our back window. This is our backyard. We love it :). That line of trees back there is our own personal grove of mesquite trees. Then the mountains in the background. It's so picturesque. :)
Then comes the monsoon season. It has been super nice this last week or so. It rains almost everyday! I love the constant blue sky/no clouds in Arizona. But I LOVE rainy cloudy days. It's also been way nice because we haven't had to water our property. Definite BONUS :) When the rain comes, out comes the frogs. It is insane driving on the road while and after it rains. There are frogs EVERYWHERE. Most of them are small. We found this big guy on the side of the road. I hear frog legs are super tasty :) ha only kidding.
On friday, we hung out with friends and family and played a game some people called Skadush. Others called Gator Ball? I think. It is like soccer and football basically. It's super fun!! On Saturday we attended a funeral of a relative to the family. It was a very good service and a good time to see family, catch up and spend time together. Then we hung out and played video games with family and friends at our house. Sunday, we relaxed, went to church, and hung out with family. It was a great weekend :) Today is my last day of summer vacation. My plan for today is.... nothing. Ha I figure it's my last day this summer to do absolutely nothing. So I cleaned the house this morning, and and preparing for work. I start working at the elementary school tomorrow. I'm excited!! It'll be nice to work and bring in some extra income. Then we can begin decorating our house :)
-XO-

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you guys had a good week. And mom was telling me that you really like your job so far, very cool! Love you and we'll talk on Sunday!

    ReplyDelete