Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Screaming...

This is a story about a spider... This spider is about the size of my palm, maybe a little bigger. Last night after Bridger got home from work we decided to pull some of our weeds that had grown while we were gone. So after we pulled weeds and it had gotten dark we decided to sit on our deck on our patio chairs. We do this quite regularly as we quite enjoy it :) now the real story begins.
I look over and Bridger has this Tarantula crawling up the back of his shirt. I immediately stand up and begin to scream hysterically as I run backwards pointing to the back of his shirt. Bridger looks around and starts to stand up as I yell, "There is a huge spider on your back!!!" This kind of freaked him out so he starts to pat down himself trying to get it off. Meanwhile I am patting myself down and putting my hands through my hair like crazy screaming at the top of my lungs and in midst of screaming asking Bridger, "Is there one on me?" He responds, "Is it off me??" I scream and then reply, "No!! It's still on you! " He then really freaked out and bailed off of our deck. He started to run in circles in our yard frantically trying to brush it off, I am still screaming hysterically (I literally screamed straight for 2 minutes). He then ripped off his shirt and threw it on the ground. I was still screaming. I then quieted down a little bit as Bridger asked, "What was on me??" I told him that it was a tarantula crawling up his back. He shook out his shirts and couldn't see anything. He then turned on the flashlight on his phone and started looking in the grass. He found it a couple feet away from his shirt. We then settled down a bit and Bridger said that, "I nearly gave him a heart attack." (We then decided the Tarantula was probably on the back of the chair and when he sat down it crawled up the back and onto him.)
Later in the house Bridger said I handled the situation in the wrong way and that I should have just brushed it off of him. Are you kidding me??? There was no way I was going near that!! The other way he said I should've handled it was to tell him it was a tarantula instead of a "huge spider". I guess clarifying that it was a tarantula is different than "huge spider". They are the same to me :) Bridger said it's good to have tarantula's because they eat the bugs... I can't decide which is better: bugs or pet tarantulas?? Our lovely spider friend is still somewhere in our yard by our house, but the good news is they don't bite. They are just extremely scary to look at. :) BONUS! We also have a pet toad in our front yard that likes to hand out in the long grass. So I guess our two new pets can be friends and hang out. Bridger and me both almost had heart attacks last night. Oh the wonderful wildlife of Arizona. :)
p.s. I wasn't going to post again for another week, but I figured it was a good post. :) Would you have reacted the same way I did?? I'm sure almost everyone would!
-XO-

1 comment:

  1. OMG, that story is hilarious. I think you handled that amazingly well. I wouldn't have been able to stop screaming long enough to even tell him he had a spider on him! And I wouldn't be able to sleep for a couple of days!

    ReplyDelete