Sunday, January 20, 2013

Camping in the Fall 2012

Here is a update for any of you that thought we had dropped off the face of the planet :) Sometime in the Fall before October we went camping up at a cabin in the Graham Mountains. But before we could go to the cabin we had to stop at the fair in Thatcher, AZ Cheyanne, Dalton and Seth were brave enough to try the electric bull. Cheyanne did awesome, and the other did.... alright lol. It was super fun to watch! We had a blast and went on a few rides and then headed up the mountain. 

 He did a lot of falling off haha. He's still a stud. And I'm sad that I didn't get any pictures of Dalton! But Dalton did good too :)

 Up on the mountain, there is this gorgeous lake. It was a little cold up there and we didn't really catch a lot of fish. But we had fun just hanging out by the lake. Here's Bridger and Cheyanne fishing.
 Here's part of the lake. I love going up to the mountains, and it was great to spend a weekend away with family
 The whole gang fishing it up!
 One of the days we were up there we decided to take a little hike to a little stream nearby, when I say little, I mean I didn't realize it was going to be long and not on a path, it was quite the adventure and we finally made it to the stream :) Bridger and his brother Seth found a spot that was like a mini waterfall, they didn't use any fishing poles, just fishing line and a hook (like real men haha). They caught a bunch of little fish. It was very fun to watch them continue to catch fish just by using line and a hook, at least I thought it was cool.
 Up by the house, there was a huge pile of wood. So the boys took a little time out of their day to chop it up and make an organized pile of firewood. My husband is such a stud :)
 Dustin was the only one that caught a real fish, I believe. He is a real fisherman :)
 The last day we were there we went to find some ice caves on the side of a mountain. We found a couple, and if we had had rope we could have gone into some of them farther, but we only went in a little bit for safety. This is one that was just a little cave that we found. Me, Dalton and Gracey.
 Going into the cave.
Inside the cave :)
This picture just makes me laugh :) I love my husband so much, he cracks me up everyday.
This is after the boys worked so hard to clean up the wood pile. I wish I had taken a before picture because it looks a million times better!
My amazing hubby and me on the last day. We had a great weekend getaway and loved spending time with the family.

No comments:

Post a Comment